Sports massage can be one of the most beneficial aspects of an athlete’s training.
Our therapists are avid runners, cyclists, yoga practitioners, and dancers. As athletes we understand the frustration of a sports injury and as massage therapists we know how to help our clients recover from those injuries and how to avoid them.
Whether you’re an athlete or otherwise active in your life, you’ll find that sports massage can play a significant role in helping you to keep up your pace. Sports massage treatments enable those with active lifestyles to see better results from their workouts, recover faster and more efficiently, and to move easier with more grace.
At Siskiyou Massage, we see many benefits of sports massage therapy:
- Prevent loss of mobility
- Cure and restore mobility to injured muscle tissue
- Boost performance
- Extend your ability to remain active, longer
- Maintain and increase flexibility
- Improve alignment of your body to optimize performance
- Speed recovery of muscle and tendons after hard workouts and competitions
- Combat stiffness and soreness associated with training
- Reduce risk of injury
- Increase blood circulation
- Improve strength, endurance and overall fitness
Just as stretching is important for combating injuries and boosting recovery, sports massage can help as well. Hypertonic muscles and connective tissues are a hazard for active people. A shortened-tight muscle is a weak muscle that cannot use all of its fibers, as it should. With tight muscles come inefficient movements, less productive workouts, diminished endurance, and fatigue. Furthermore, tight muscles significantly increase the risk of injury both during and after heavy activity.
Make sports massage part of your routine. You’ll find it is an extraordinarily effective means to remain healthy and active throughout your life.