Sports massage provides important benefits for athletic training and recovery.
Many of the therapists at Siskiyou Massage are avid runners, cyclists, yoga practitioners, and dancers. As athletes, we understand the frustration of a sports injury. Fortunately, as massage therapists, we know how to help our clients recover from those injuries and how to avoid them.
Whether you’re an athlete or simply enjoy being active, sports massage can help you keep up the pace. Sports massage treatments can help those with active lifestyles see better results from their workouts, recover more quickly and efficiently, and move with more ease and grace.
Benefits of sports massage therapy include:
- Preventing loss of mobility
- Restoring mobility to injured muscle tissue
- Boosting performance
- Extending your ability to remain active
- Maintaining and increasing flexibility
- Improving alignment of your body to optimize performance
- Speeding recovery of muscles and tendons after hard training
- Combating stiffness and soreness associated with training
- Reducing risk of injury
- Increasing blood circulation
- Improving strength, endurance, and overall fitness
Just as stretching is important for preventing injuries and boosting recovery, sports massage can help as well. Hypertonic muscles and connective tissues are a hazard for active people. A shortened-tight muscle is a weak muscle that cannot use all of its fibers as it should. With tight muscles come inefficient movements, less productive workouts, diminished endurance, and fatigue. Tight muscles also significantly increase risk of injury both during and after heavy activity.
Make sports massage a regular part of your fitness routine. You’ll find it is extraordinarily effective at helping you to remain healthy and active throughout your life.