By Philip Whitmore
I want to let everyone know that I recently completed a 16-hour training on Kinesio taping. It was a great course. I’ve been wanting to take it for years. This is the first time that I’ve seen it offered locally.
So, I am happy to say that we will begin offering this valuable service here at Siskiyou Massage. Just ask your therapist about it if you are interested in learning how it may help with your particular goals.
Some ways that we can use Kinesio tape:
* Provide support for weak, stretched ligaments (such as MCL)
* Help facilitate (tighten) muscle tissue
* Help inhibit (relax) muscle tissue
* Release myofascial tension
* Improve lymphatic flow to drain congested areas
* Stabilize an area to limit pathological range of motion while maintaining full normal range
* Improve posture
* Stabilize and support joints (such as keeping the patella of the knee in the right track)
I think taping really works well. The best scenario, I believe, is for us to work with our hands as we always do, then use the taping, as needed, to support and continue that positive change.
Please let us know if you have any questions or would like to learn more about Kinesio taping.